Safety Natural Gas For Business
In an emergency call the 24 Hour Emergency Service Line
In the interest of public safety all calls are recorded.
Gas safety - if you smell gas DO NOT ignore it
- Phone the number above immediately – if your phone is in the immediate area, it may be unsafe to use it.
- Turn off the gas at your meter and appliances.
- Open doors and windows.
- Do not smoke/use naked flames/light switches/door bells.
- Check with premises nearby.
- Do not use bath water heaters whilst in the bath.
- Do have central heating boilers serviced every year.
- Do have open flue appliances serviced every year.
- Do have other appliances serviced regularly.
It is colourless, odourless and has no taste. It is a killer.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is caused by fumes from faulty home heating appliances.
Similar information is also available on the Belfast City Council Website.
LPG fuelled mobile heaters give you maximum flexibility in producing instant heat where and when you need it. Being a flueless appliance LPG mobile heaters achieve an energy efficiency of 90% which results in a very economical heater. As LPG mobile heaters are used extensively, attention is drawn to the following safety checks for your added comfort and safety.
- Check the Hose
- Check that the hose connecting the gas regulator to the appliance is not worn or damaged. All flexible hoses should have manufacturers connections or be secured with proper hose clips.
- Castors and Fireguard
- Ensure that the castors are securely fixed and that fireguard is in place.
- If in doubt – Ask
- If you are in doubt about any function of the cabinet heater and its associated gas fittings, ask your gas supplier to arrange for a service inspection.
- If the plaques or bricks at the front of the heater are damaged, or if part of the retaining cement is missing, they should be immediately replaced by a competent person. The heater should not be used in a damaged condition.
- Old Heaters
- If your heater is over 10 years old, you should consider replacing it with a new mobile heater so that you keep up to date with the very latest designs and technology.
All gas appliances should be serviced regularly by a competent person.
Issued in the interest of consumer safety by THE IRISH LIQUIFIED PETROLEUM GAS ASSOCIATION.
Use of mobile heaters which are damaged can result in the production of CARBON MONOXIDE, the silent killer.