ABOUT FLOGAS - LEADING NATURAL GAS & LPG SUPPLIER
Who is Flogas?
DCC Energy Ltd T/A Flogas, a DCC Business, is a leading supplier of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) & Natural Gas in Northern Ireland. Managed on an all-Ireland basis through Flogas Ireland, the company services a diverse range of market sectors and applications including the industrial, commercial, domestic, catering, agricultural and automotive markets.
‘To be Ireland’s leading provider of total energy solutions to meet customers changing requirements, delivered to the highest possible standards’
Flogas is known for providing enviable after sales service with nationwide coverage via a panel of service fitters strategically located around the country. The company also operates a 24 HOUR EMERGENCY SERVICE – ensuring assistance with your gas supply or gas equipment is there for whenever you need it.
The History of Flogas
Flogas commenced as Flogas Limited, which was incorporated in September 1977 and commenced business in August 1978. The founding executives of the company, Tom Cleary, Patrick Mercer, Eugene Quigley and John Sheehan had between them considerable experience of the LPG business in Ireland.
They were joined by a number of individual investors and by DCC Limited as founding shareholders.
- In October 1983 the company joined the Unlisted Securities Market in Dublin and London and was re-registered as Flogas plc, the first Irish company to use the plc designation.
- In March 1984 Flogas entered the LPG market in Britain with the acquisition of Portagas Limited from the Redland plc Group.
- In 1985 the Go-Gas Company Limited in Newcastle-upon-Tyne was acquired.
- In 1989 the Glasgow plant of Giltron Limited was acquired while in October of that year Flogas reached agreement with Shell for the acquisition of Ergas, an Irish subsidiary of the Royal Dutch/Shell group of companies.
- In May 1990 the company was admitted to the Official List in the Dublin and London Stock Exchanges.Since its inception, the company has grown to be one of the largest independent suppliers of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) in both Ireland and Britain. Please check out the Flogas UK web site.
- In March 1995 the Flogas company became a wholly owned subsidiary of DCC plc.
- In 2004 Flogas expanded into the domestic ROI Natural Gas market.
- In 2009 Flogas expanded into the commercial ROI Natural Gas market.
- In 2014 Flogas expanded into the commercial NI Natural Gas market.
- In 2019 Flogas expanded into the domestic electricity ROI Electricity market, offering dual fuel to ROI customers.
- In 2019 Flogas acquired the electricity business of Just Energy
DCC Energy Ltd T/A Flogas is a DCC Business.