Bottled Gas Safety
Safety and storage for bottled gas cylinders
Flogas have a rigorous cylinder testing policy and maintain high quality standards. The cylinder service charge gives you peace of mind that your cylinder is fully tested and guaranteed. However, incorrect storage, handling and usage of gas must be avoided at all times - please follow the following safety guidelines when using bottled gas cylinders:
- Gas bottles are highly flammable and should be kept away from sources of ignition, hot surfaces and naked flames.
- Bottles should be placed in an upright position to ensure vapour rather than liquid is used.
- Keep your bottle outdoors at all times, on firm, level ground and in a well-ventilated position.
- Do not keep your gas bottle in a cellar, basement or sunken area.
- Bottles must be accessible, should not cause obstructions and must be protected from damage or interference by persons, animals or vehicles.
- Changeover devices and regulators should ideally be located near to the bottles and the flexible connections checked regularly and kept as close as possible.
- Bottles should not be positioned near to windows, doors, airbricks, flues, ducts, drains, gullies or openings to cellars.
- Bottles should also not be located near to any corrosive, toxic or oxidising materials.
- The area around bottles should be kept clear of litter, long grass and other flammable materials.