Safety alerts and recall notices
An important Safety Alert from OARA regarding regulators on gas cylinders.
A number of cookers have a potentially fatal issue whereby dangerous levels of Carbon Monoxide are released if the grill is on with the grill door closed (contrary to the manufacturer's instructions). The manufacturer will correct this at no cost. The manufacturers include Beko, Flavel, Leisure, New World and Belling.
Flogas are facilitating the following recall notices issued by the manufacturers:
Beko, Flavel and Leisure cookers
Similar information is also available on the Belfast City Council Website.
If you bought your cooker in Britain or elsewhere, check with the manufacturer's web site or contact the outlet where you bought the cooker.
LPG fuelled mobile heaters give you maximum flexibility in producing instant heat where and when you need it. Being a flueless appliance LPG mobile heaters achieve an energy efficiency of 90% which results in a very economical heater. As LPG mobile heaters are used extensively, attention is drawn to the following safety checks for your added comfort and safety.
- Check the Hose
- Check that the hose connecting the gas regulator to the appliance is not worn or damaged. All flexible hoses should have manufacturers connections or be secured with proper hose clips.
- Castors and Fireguard
- Ensure that the castors are securely fixed and that fireguard is in place.
- If in doubt – Ask
- If you are in doubt about any function of the cabinet heater and its associated gas fittings, ask your gas supplier to arrange for a service inspection.
- If the plaques or bricks at the front of the heater are damaged, or if part of the retaining cement is missing, they should be immediately replaced by a competent person. The heater should not be used in a damaged condition.
- Old Heaters
- If your heater is over 10 years old, you should consider replacing it with a new mobile heater so that you keep up to date with the very latest designs and technology.
All gas appliances should be serviced regularly by a competent person.
Issued in the interest of consumer safety by THE IRISH LIQUIFIED PETROLEUM GAS ASSOCIATION.
Use of mobile heaters which are damaged can result in the production of CARBON MONOXIDE, the silent killer.